Today is one of those days where it started out so nicely and ended in a completely unforeseeable/expensive/shitty/annoying way. Today went to hell in the last 2 hours of the day so at least I got a decent 10 in first. After the busiest weekend I've had in awhile, it was nice to be home, get some errands done and basque in an obnoxious amount of air conditioning. I also got a shot at the doctor. That wasn't great, I guess. I had a workshop later in the evening so I convinced my mom and sister to meet me on that side of town for dinner. As I pulled into the parking lot, all of the lights on my car dimmed. Ok, nervous. Ate some dinner, not nervous. Fries make me very un-nervous. My mom said she'd follow me on my way home because I didn't trust my car. I pulled out of the parking lot, drove under the freeway overhang and phlooom. What's the correct spelling for the sound your car makes when everything in it dies all at the same time? If it isn't "phlooom" you can fill in your own onomatopoeia. So here I am at 10:30pm, with no lights and no hazards, under the darkest part of the street, with dozens upon dozens of cars exiting the freeway into my lane. How my car wasn't smashed to smithereens is beyond me (secretly I was hoping it would happen but apparently that's not how wishes work). After 30 minutes of sitting outside my car and seeing 3 cops pass me in my time of need, I got towed to a dealership. I now owe another $900 on a car that's worth approximately $2. Give or take. In the past year, I've spent 3k in repairs. This doesn't even include the smashed headlight and the unfixable turn signals that haven't worked in 5 months. While filling out the paperwork, under make/model I was so tempted to write "2002 Mercury Deathtrap"...
Needless to say, the hunt for Red October (which is what I'm naming my new car) begins asap.
This is end of day Marlise. Frustrated, dark, not enjoying how poor I'm about to be, Marlise.
No comments:
Post a Comment