Remember that movie "Good Luck, Chuck" where every time he slept with a woman, she got married shortly after? If you didn't see it, save your money--that's the premise. I may not sleeping with these people, but I do think my presence is potent enough. The magic words are, "oh Marlise, I'm nowhere NEAR getting engaged because (insert various reasons)." A whimsical tune will play, little floaty stars and magical glitter will rise to the heavens, thennnnn give it like 2 months. My aura worked a lot quicker this time around. It happened by the end of the day! Come get the potion ladies. All it takes is a friendship with me. Hopefully that's totally worth it, but I make no promises.
To my college roommates, you awesome awesome wonderful ladies:
Congratulations to Michelle who will be married in 3 weeks!
Congratulations to Kileen who was engaged about 3 hours after this picturre!
(and not pictured) Congratulations to Gina who will be married in April!
I'm excited to be the obligatory spinster at all of your parties.
While talking on the phone, Michelle said it exactly right. I guess I'm next...by default.

No comments:
Post a Comment