Forgive the Marlise bombardment in today's post but I have been without a computer for the last couple of days. I had the lucky fortune of being in NY for NBC upfronts. I don't even know how to describe the trip other than, well, a trip. Albeit way too fast and way too little sleep and way too much dramamine that has caused my body to implode upon itself today. Still a complete blast and wish I was still there. I didn't even care that straight hair was an impossibility and that I walked for 5 straight hours one day. Love that city. So here is NY in a blogshell.
SATURDAY:
-layover in Vegas
SUNDAY:
-on 2 hours of plane "sleep"
-walked through Central Park - allergy playground
-did no shopping on 5th, but took pictures of the Chanel building. Same thing.
-quickly realized humidity is not a friend to my hair or skin.
-saw "The Normal Heart". Cried a lot. Then spent the rest of the night with people clearly out of my "cool" league.
MONDAY:
-day of walking.
-saw everything, ate nothing (guys I ate maybe 2 things the whole trip...)
-rode a subway, got mistaken for a native, probably got her lost
-saw Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Amazing fun.
-NBC party. Every cast from any NBC show was there. Lots of awe ensued. The embarrassment:
- stepped on Mariska Hargitay's shoe
- gushed to Lauren Graham about my love for Gilmore Girls.
- she was with Peter Krause, so I gushed to him too. Why not.
- bumped into Bob Harper. He complimented my dress. I complimented the height of his partner.
TUESDAY:
-last minute go around in Times Square.
-Souvenirs and salad.
-a 2 hour carsick-inducing taxi ride to JFK.
-an exhausting flight home complete with 2.5 hours of Cupcake TV.
-home. bed. airplane ears.
WEDNESDAY:
-pajamas and starbucks.
-and more bed.





No comments:
Post a Comment